Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Testimonials?
Posted on August 9, 2017 by Samantha Gomez
So you’ve received a wonderful testimonial. You’re feeling fantastic about it and confident that it will help bring new clients to your business. But how?
A good testimonial is like a recommendation from a friend. Even though your potential customers haven’t met the person giving the testimonial the fact that someone impartial loves your business encourages them to believe that they will too.
But the best testimonial in the world is useless if no one ever sees it.
So what are the best ways to use a great testimonial?
- All businesses should include testimonials on their website. One of the best ways to do this is to place excerpts through-out your site in relevant places. Testimonial pages used to be a big thing, but in all honesty nobody really looked at them. Having a testimonial about a particular service on that service page will get 10 times more views than on a testimonial page.
- Print out and frame a couple of your favourite testimonials and put them up around your work space. It’s a great way for potential clients to see them but you will also be amazed at how much energy and motivation they can give you.
- Testimonials can be very powerful marketing copy so think about including them on any point of sale or advertising. Sometimes the words of a grateful client might be all you need to get your message out there.
- Put a copy of any testimonials into a folder and keep it in your office. It’s much more worthwhile for a new client to browse a folder of great testimonials than trashy magazines while they wait!
- Get the person who wrote your testimonial to also copy and paste the text into the recommendation area of your profile on LinkedIn.
- Post your testimonial on Facebook so your social media followers can see how well you are doing.