Customer service matters
Posted on October 15, 2015 by Nikki Lane
It doesn’t matter how great your service is or how fantastic your product is, if you don’t offer high class customer service, your clients are going to go elsewhere and find someone who does.
So if you don’t think customer service matters, think again.
In this fast paced business world that can often seem driven by cost it is reassuring to know that (according to numerous surveys conducted over the years) that clients still recognise and value service, honesty and friendliness from staff.
To me that says that, despite the amazing technology we now have at our finger tips, what clients want from a business hasn’t changed that much since we use to pop down to the corner store for our groceries and a chat.
People are looking for connection, for the person that “gets them”, the person that doesn’t just treat them like another name in a diary, for the person that cares. Is that you?
Here’s some ideas of how you can provide great service to your clients?
- Don’t be too busy to listen to them.
- Be nice (it sounds obvious but it is amazing how often people forget this).
- Help everyone find a solution. Even if that solution is referring them to another provider.
- Be honest and authentic about your work and what you offer.
- Respond to people’s calls and emails quickly.
- Follow up with them after a service to see how they are going.
- Let them know about what’s happening in your business.
- Show them you care about & respect them.
In short, treat your clients to way you would like to be treated. That’s all people want.
What are your tips for providing great service to your customers?